Friday, August 29, 2014

Ashlee+Colin | 08.09.14

You may recognize this gorgeous couple from a previous engagement post, because yes, you guessed it--they tied the knot!! The wedding took place at an old restaurant called "Blacks" in Abbeville, Louisiana on August 9, 2014. We were worried when it started raining early in the day, but (as always) God pulled through and the rain stopped in perfect timing. It was such an honor to play a part in some of mine and Luke's best friends. We were/are so excited for this step in their lives together.
































































Doing what you love to do for&with the people you love really makes a huge difference! This is why I love getting to know my clients prior to their big day. Colin and Ashlee's wedding was so perfect and beautiful, but what made it even more special for me was the feeling that I was playing a part in something greater. I understand that at the end of the day pictures are just pictures. What makes it worth it (and so much more fun) is knowing that I'm making a day between two people and God tangibly last forever. When it's all said and done it won't matter who did/didn't RSVP or how many lights you had strung at the reception. What really matters is that you followed the steps the Holy Spirit laid out for you, and made a promise to God together to continue in those steps for the rest of your lives. Weddings are special and precious! I just can't get over the symbolism and beauty behind it all. Ashlee and Colin really reminded me of this. In the hectic craziness of my daily life, the long hours of editing and communication--the promise is what really matters. I'm just giving that promise some color and a little bokeh ;)

A+C: Thank y'all from the bottom of my heart. Y'all choosing me was seriously SUCH an honor. Luke and I feel blessed to call you friends, but then to play this important part in your day- that was something really special to me! We love y'all and can't wait to see where God takes you. 

xoxo
hayliebop

#luaycash4evr