Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Break | 2014

Soooo Spring Break was a couple weeks ago, and it couldn't have come at a better time. Not only had we just gone through a random freeze in Texas, but I also had just finished editing a wedding, shooting another wedding, along with a few other photo shoots and personal stuff as well. Pretty much, it had been a crazy couple of weeks, and some relax time with our friends and family was exactly what I needed! 
Since the weather had suddenly changed to bearable, and then too hot, our time was mostly spent outdoors. 

We started the week off right with a night of camping in a huge tent with my family, which consisted of food, sleep, dogs, campfires, more food, dogs, freezing water, dogs, sunburns, oh and did I mention- dogs? five to be exact. yes, it was crazy. But so much fun at the same time. 

 Then we ended the week by adventuring through Austin's parks with Luke's family. We started it out with Ladybird Wildflower Center, then stopped by Mayfield Park and Nature Preserve, and drove by Mount Bonnell. It was supa' cool cause I got to check out more locations for photo shoots and enjoy the cloudy day outdoors. Not to mention lunch, which we had at Hill's Cafe downtown. I have one word-sweet rolls. (okay, two words.) 
It was such a lovely week and the best part was, I got to use my passion for photography for my family and just had fun doing it.
The week also gave me a lot of time to think about some goals I have for my photo business (and some just for me personally).
  • Get set up for advertisement on sites like The Knot, Green Wedding Shoes, WeddingWire, etc. 
  • Order new business cards
  • Buy a 28mm lens
  • Buy an 85mm lens
  • Buy an external flash
  • Get my 50mm fixed
  • Get my workout routine back
  • Pursue Senior Model program
  • Upgrade wix account to no ads
  • Join that long bob life (it's time for change!)
  • Decorate our room! It's so plain
  • Make a garden on our patio
Gotta love lists, right? Let's see how many of these I can complete before the summer! 
I've been so busy lately, and I love it. Having photos to edit, emails to send, thank yous to write, ah--this is the life. 

-hayliebop

P.S. Can we just talk about how cute Samson is for a sec? Perfection.